In the Pacific Northwest we have many amazing local makers around us. One of Seattle’s most classic food producers is Beecher’s Homemade Cheese, a local favorite and a Homegrown favorite. We love partnering with such an incredible local company that’s focused on creating mindfully produced products free of harmful additives.
Founder Kurt Beecher Dammeier is not just passionate about cheese but also believes that people should “know more about the food they eat – where it comes from, what goes into it and how it is made.” With a vision that we so deeply connect with, Beecher’s is a natural fit for us, and a delicious one at that. We are proud to partner with Beecher’s and feature their cheese on our Bacon, Egg + Beecher’s and Ham + Beecher’s.
We took a walk down to Pike Place Market on a distinctly PNW-style rainy day to admire the cheese making process & soak up some of the beauty and flavor Seattle has to offer.
We are dedicated to sandwiches and sustainability. We are also dedicated to making every meal you eat a decision that feels good – not just because it tastes good, but also because it’s healthful. The hardest time to make that happen is often in the morning, when you’re on the go, focused on your next move, and often scrambling for time. We’ve got your back, serving our skillet-fried egg breakfast sandwiches, organic oatmeal, and craft coffee & tea every morning, and all day long for that matter. Check out the menu here. Our stores open at 7:00 or 8:00 (see when your local store opens here), so you can stop by for a quick breakfast, a morning date with friends, or grab it to-go on your way to work or to the mountains. And stay tuned, because we have some more breakfast ideas cooking at the moment and can’t wait to share them with you!
It’s a mad dash to the finish line as the Holidays approach. Fear not, we’ve got you covered with a list of our favorite local products for your family and friends this season.
1. Wei Kitchen Organic Shallot Oil - Organic shallot oil made right here in Seattle. Debbie is infusing this safflower oil with golden shallots for a punch of flavor that goes great with both Vietnamese & American dishes.
2. Marshall’s Haute Sauce Gift Pack – Made in Portland, Oregon this hot sauce is produced in small batches with local ingredients. The gift set includes four different hot sauces – Habanero Carrot Curry, Serrano Ginger Lemongrass, Red Chili Lime and Smoked Habanero Barbeque.
Also, check out our favorite Seattle hot sauce, Bonache, you can try their habanero hot sauce on our Avocado, Egg + Cheese breakfast sandwich.
3. Olympia Provisions Salami of The Month Club – A gift made for your charcuterie-loving friend or family member, this year of Salami features Portland based company, Olympia Provisions. Each month they’ll send out one of their salamis, all made with local pork, right to your door.
4. Zinc Wall Planters – A gift to brighten up any home! These wall planters from our Melrose Market upstairs neighbor, Butter Home are a great way to bring the outdoors inside during the winter season.
5. San Juan Island Sea Salt – Brady is the mastermind behind this amazing PNW sea salt. He’s living in a tiny house on San Juan Island where he makes this crunchy salt with filtered sea water and sunshine. For sale in our stores!
6. Mustard & Co. Five Flavor Gift Set - We’re big fans of this Seattle-based spicy mustard, so much so that we used their Classic Mustard on our Fall Seasonal earlier this year. This gift set includes five mini jars & recipe cards for each flavor.
7. Ballard Bee Company Cream Honey – Creamy, spreadable honey that any foodie will love for the holidays. Works nicely on a cheese board or simply spread on buttered toast.
8. Seattle Pillow Cover – Perfect for your friend that just moved away, this cute linen Washington pillow has a home with all your Seattleite friends, near or far.
9. The Mason Tap Kit from Glasswing – Mason jar accessories for the home kitchen – make infused spirits, oils or vinegars with this kit to be enjoyed with family and friends this holiday season.
10. Sea and Smoke: Flavors From the Untamed Pacific Northwest – The beautiful new book from Chef Blaine Wetzel of the Willows Inn is both a travelogue and cookbook. Look out for stunning photographs and a new appreciation for the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
11. Beecher’s Gift Set – It’s everyone’s quintessential Seattle cheese available in a number of different gift sets. A great gift for entertainers and dairy buffs alike.
12. Homegrown Gift Card – Available online or in stores, give a loved one the gift of a free meal that makes them feel good.
13. Ayako Jam – This organic jam is made here in Seattle by Ayako Gordon and family. Ayako hand selects her fruit to craft jam full of flavor nuances and integrity. You can find an assortment of her jams at another of our Melrose Market neighbors, Marigold and Mint.
It may be cold outside but there’s always room for ice cream, especially when it’s one of the season’s all-star flavors – pumpkin. We’re excited to add a little pumpkin to our winter menu with these Molly Moon’s Pumpkin Clove Ice Cream Sammies.
Made with organic pumpkins coming from Stahlbush Island Farms, a family farm in Oregon with a focus on sustainable practices, this frozen dessert features winter spice flavors that make you want to curl up with a good book & a rich cup of coffee. The ice cream between the cookies features organic clove, organic cinnamon and organic nutmeg sourced from MarketSpice, located in Pike Place Market, one of our all-time favorite Seattle stores.
Like our other Molly Moon's ice cream sammies, the pumpkin clove ice cream is sandwiched between two sour cream chocolate cookies. Available only at our Mercer Island, Redmond and South Lake Union stores.